Friday 11 October 2013

Crazy Lunatic Writing

Being October it means it is almost November, (see, that's a university education, right there...) which for some means it it is nearly Write-Like-a-Crazy-Lunatic month, aka NaNoWriMo. (I just looked at the site, there are 72,998 of them/you signed up already with two weeks to go. )

 No, I’m still not doing it; I’m sticking to my same sorry list of excuses as I mentioned last year here. I am however not a complete lazer at the moment and am two weeks into my own quest of writing 5k words a week until Dec 20, in the hope of giving birth to the majority bulk of a 1st (verbal vomit) draft on something new. So far there are indeed words accumulating, although they are pretty sketchy, but hey, you can’t fix empty space, can you?

 Anyways, back to NaNo. Here are a couple of links for anyone considering it, from YA Stands and also sage words of wisdom from the ever entertaining Chuck Wendig.
My own advice is obviously still to get good chocolates in for rewards and incentives, but the planning idea is probably a winner too.


Anyone mad enough? contemplating it?

2 comments:

  1. I've never attempted NaNo. I always seem to be in the middle of editing or rewriting whenever Novemeber comes around. I swear, I don't plan it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! Are you sure it isn't subconscious planning Jennifer? I suspect my current quest might have been designed to deliberately exclude me from it. It isn't ducking out if you are already occupied, is it? Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete