Thursday 22 May 2014

Partytime!





Today I found myself in the realms of Writerdom, hobnobbing with the proper published, at the combined launch party for Belinda Jones' The Travelling Tea Shop and Sunlounger 2.

We took over Trader Vic's at the Hilton for some hours, and filled it with writers and bloggers of Women's Fiction. And cocktails. And amazing cupcakes.



Now, we saw at the last Sunlounger party that I am clearly not David Bailey's lovechild and my photographic skills are second to all, but here are a couple that give a smidge of the action.
Belinda Jones, Anna-Lou Wetherley, Laurey Buckland

Laurey Buckland, Jess Bickerton, Cress McLaughlin, Holly Martin, Lisa Dickinson

My throat is sore from chatting, there was lots of hugging and squeeing with people who I feel I've met before, but only know from t'internet, and I did plenty of Fangirling. But the thing that I brought home mostly, was how lovely this set of writers are. It doesn't feel like there is competition between them, as of course, they can't write the books fast enough to lay claim the market, and so everyone is supportive. Even of aspiring types like me. And to top it all off , there is this vast network of bloggers out there, who love the industry, support it and just want to see more coming their way.

Totally having the feels about the world of Women's Fiction today. And cocktails. And amazing cupcakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment