Wednesday 16 January 2019

It hurt, but it's here

Do you remember the post I wrote a couple of weeks ago, the one with the 2019 goals and intentions? It's just below or you can click here , but I wanted to squee about the fact I've managed one of them already, and it was one I have been hiding from for aaaaaaages, because I am scared of Tech.

Ta-daaaaaah, I made a website!! I am Queen of the Internets!!! It was similar to labouring out a baby, but with the benefit of my husband being able to bring me alcohol throughout, without being frowned at. You can view it at www.pernillehughes.com

There, that was all, just wanted to share, as I am still quite giddy from having done it. It still needs tweaking, but it exists and I can start building a mailing list, which every single writers thing says 'is absolutely key and OMG how can I not have set this up already?'. If anyone else if a Tech-lemming and having to go through this I can recommend this article for hand-holding, although I did go slightly off-piste with the providers (I registered with Ionos, hosted with Siteground, on Wordpress with Mailerlite for the mailing list.) And the world of tutorials is your oyster, (and lifeline,) my friend.

Eventually, I'll attempt to transfer this blog over there, but let's be honest it may well take me a loooong while to work out how to do it, and I'm a little web-exhausted. 

Please be invited to go and have a looksee!

No comments:

Post a Comment