Wednesday 25 November 2015

A gushing confession

So I unveil a TBR pile on the first day of each season (with the exception of the times I have been late, yes, yes, I know...). BUT, I must confess that there are times (OK, everytime) when I might just have started the pile early. I could loftily  pretend that this is to get ahead in the reading, so that I can deliver the gut reactions on time, but that would be a fib. Honestly it's because I can't stand not having a book on the go, and generally I reallllllly want to be reading the books in the pile.

Normally I wouldn't feel the need to confess to this; it's part of the mechanisms behind the curtain.
But. 
But but but. 
I think I just found my book of the year.  Yup, not just of the season but of my YEAR. And I felt the need to share. It's a beauty. Heartbreaking and uplifting, all of that.

I just can't decide whether to tell you what it is yet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment