Thursday 1 December 2016

*Falalalalaaaah* My Winter ‘16 TBR pile

 It’s curl-up-with-a-book,-mulled-wine-and-a-log-fire season. Hurrah!
I said I was going to do something a bit different this time. Only a bit. Not much. The pile looks like this;

Small, no? But Christmassy, yes?
They are;
Maybe this Christmas by Sarah Morgan (Romance)
The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson (Romance)
I will marry George Clooney (…By Christmas) by Tracy Bloom (Romance)
The Christmas Surprise by Jenny Colgan (Romance)
Christmas at the Cupcake Café by Jenny Colgan (Romance)
For Christmas, El Hubby is replacing my lost kindle machine. (Hallelujah!!!) On my kindle account are a bazillion books that I haven’t read yet, and have been steadily adding to, in spite of being kindle machine bereft. (Mad, right? I know, I know…) So. In addition to the mini-pile above (how many of something constitutes a pile?), I shall also be reading at least the following, plus as many others as I can hoof through.

Mistletoe on 34th Street by Lisa Dickenson (Romance)
Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin (Romance)
Christmas under Starlit Sky by Holly Martin (Romance)
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider (YA)
I was here by Gayle Forman (YA)
Me being me is exactly as insane as you being you by Todd Hasak-Lowy (YA)
Seeds of Deception by Linda Castillo (Amish Crime. Niche, right? Suspect that after all the Christmassy schmaltz I shall be ready for a bit of slaying, -neither pun in that sentence intended.)


Have a lovely winter! What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. you are a tease. I was thinking you were going to do something radical like read the complete works of George R R Martin or something. You had me checking here daily!
    I always like to read some Christmas Short story collections during this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless you. At least you help my blog stats. Sorry for the tease. I think I over-sold it in my head. And as if I was going to do that - not sure there's many happy endings in his books.
      Short story anthologies are a winner during Christmas- loved the Stephanie Perkins ed "My True Love Gave to Me" you got me.

      Delete