Sunday 2 December 2012

Quick Quick, don't miss the action

Just a heads up that the Annual Bakers Dozen Auction is about to start over at Miss Snarks First Victim. The link is here or over to the right there in the Blog list, because, being lovely, I like to make things easy for you.

 The entries are up for comments now, and the bidding from the 13 agents starts Tuesday. (Don't ask me what time, as it is happening across the pond and frankly US times are just all over the shop. You'll have to do the calculation yourself. OK, so I retract the making things easy for you thing.)

I think the bidding is going to be exciting, and even more so if you've read them and have your own favourites.

Who knows? Months from now, some of these might even appear in my TBR pile. Just wait and  see...

3 comments:

  1. So what did you think of my favourite number...which was it 46 or 47 The other I liked was the Astronaut's Daughter. Do you think it's possible to be a British writer and get an American agent? Are the two mutually exclusive? Is it even a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So as we have established, I'm not too bright with the social media technology and I'd replied back to your last comment via a no-reply email. Doh! I've posted that reply now back down in the Rejection Chocolates post.

      But I think you picked a winner in number 46!It was certainly the one that I was checking on daily. I did actually email you last night ( yes, via the same no-reply email address, double doh!) to say that the whole MS went within 7 minutes. Amazing.
      I'd love to know if the author is from this side of the pond.
      Number 57 hadn't had any bids last time I looked.

      Yes I think a British writer could get a US agent, but your style would have to suit the US audience I guess. But if you got a UK agent, they'll represent your rights over there too, I think. Many have established links with US agencies , if they don't have an office.

      Delete
  2. The difficulty is suiting American taste. But you're right agencies like Greenhouse have got all their bases covered. I'm so glad you are technologically challenged. I don't even know what a no-reply email address is. Anyway fascinating to see what the agents' tastes are and all the critiques. I was in heaven reading them.

    ReplyDelete