Wednesday 5 June 2013

*Belated fanfare* My summer '13 TBR pile.

Apologies for the tardiness on unveiling this season’s pile. The Sunlounger broohaha put threw things into disarray - not that I am complaining. You can't knock a bit of Woo-hooing to cheer the soul after a cold winter..

 On the basis of better late than never, voila;


Prep – Curtis Sittenfeld
Swim the Fly - Don Calame
Beat the Band - Don Calame  
The Anti-prom - Abby McDonald
Heart-shaped Bruise - Tanya Byrne
Dreaming of Amelia - Jaclyn  Moriarty
Becoming Bindie Mackenzie - Jaclyn Moriarty
What Boys Really Want - Pete Hautman  
What's Up with Jody Barton? - Hayley Long
All We Know of Love - Nora Raleigh Baskin
I see you, Baby - Kevin Brooks and Catherine Forde
Naomi & Ely’s No Kiss List – David Leviathan & Rachel Cohn
21 Proms – Various including John Green (well really, did you really think there would be a list without…?), David Levithan, Holly Black and many others who I think are excellent writers.

Yet to come, but due, are;
Penelope – Rebecca Harrington
Clockwork Princess – Cassandra Clare

I've got Aussie writing in there, which continues a small trend through the last few piles (Jaclyn Moriarty to join Cath Crowley and Simmone Howell - I'm sure you had all noticed), there is a fairly even balance of male writing, and even a tiny prom theme - because it is The Season.)

I know I have been recommended Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor & Park, and I fully intend to get to it as the reviews are fab, I just didn’t manage to get it in for this time around. Please don’t hold it against me, and please don’t let it stop you from recommending again in the future. I do listen. Honest!

What's on your summer list?

No comments:

Post a Comment