Friday 17 May 2013

Brewing


  I've just spotted that technically summer starts in two weeks. Yes, I know that the weather does not seem to be on board, at least not here in the UK, where the recession means we can no longer afford any good weather, but still. Beginning of June = Beginning of Summer. It's the Law (or something.)

  Specifically, it means I have about two weeks to brew the Summer TBR pile. Unlike last season when I had a stack already, it is currently looking a wee bit thin on the ground. (Most likely this is because it is birthday month chez nous -7 birthdays in 15 days - and I'm immersed in present sourcing.)

  I've also set myself the new rule that from now on I have to include two books from the shelves that I have never got around to reading. I’m going to consider it as remedying an obsession. It might also stop my better half from scowling at the shelves.


  So, while I'm in the procurement stages for the list, does anyone have any recommendations? YA, NA or ChickLit please. I'm not even going to look at the Classics this time- we know that path never ends well for me…


  Suggestions please!

4 comments:

  1. Eleanor & Park (YA) and The Chocolate Thief (chicklit) are two books i can't stop talking about and recommending.

    Let's hope the weather realizes it's summer in two weeks and sorts itself out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexa!
      Eleanor and Park I've heard lots of good things about so I'll definitely try to get hold of that in the next two piles. i read Attachments by the same author this time around. i liked the way she wrote.
      I'll look up The Chocolate Thief asap.
      thanks for recommending them!

      Delete
    2. I've read it! Definitely should add!

      Delete
    3. Eleanor and park, I mean, not the other.

      Delete