Tuesday 21 May 2013

Squeeing

So I blogged recently about Belinda Jones' Sunlounger anthology which is due out on the 1st of July. I mentioned that there was a competition for three unpublished writers to have a short story included. (Do you remember? Were you paying attention? There will be a quiz one day, you know...)

 I might have failed to mention - actually I know I did because I can be coy like that - that I had in fact entered a story in said competition. 

And I have made it onto the shortlist!! I haven't entered a writing competition since I was approximately ten, which is  more than a wee while ago, so this felt like a bit of a leap.

There has been a fair bit of Woo Hooing and Squeeing around here (by me obviously, the rest of the family simply roll their eyes at my shenanigans) and now there is bum-clenching for the announcement of the final three on the 1st of June.

Currently, I don't need any distraction tools, as this is just filling my head.

2 comments: