Wednesday 25 July 2012

Disruption to the usual service.

I am facing a spell without the computer, so posts may be a little sporadic for a few weeks. It will also mean that I won't be able to keep onto my 750words habit, but thankfully I'm able to schedule time off there. And given that it is now the summer hols (Hurrah!!!), I think I could do with a little mental break.
 That said, I do like to keep my hand in and my brain ticking over slightly, and thanks to my Lovely Critique Partner, this book, 642 Things To Write About, is how I’ll be doing that.  See, yet again thank goodness for old fashioned pen and paper, as I can still write when offline. I can write anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Martini, anyone?
This lovely book, by The San Francisco Writer's Grotto, has literally 642 prompts to write about. For example;
You realise you have inadvertently become a stalker...
On becoming a tycoon...
A beginner’s guide to getting noticed
Death is like this...
A conversation you regret never having
What can happen in a second.

See? Loads of things to write to keep the juices flowing, and all prompted so my offline brain doesn't even have to come up with them. Bring on the Pimms and a pen...

2 comments:

  1. Go you! The pen is mightier than the PC! Look forward to hearing how it all pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah me too! Have a lovely vacation! I am drinking a margharita in your honor.

    ReplyDelete